Thursday, January 17, 2008

Profile by Heather Haley

The profile I read was very beneficial to me in the sense that it will guide me in my interviewing process (mainly what types of questions to ask) and it also gave me ideas as to how to go about drafting my profile from scratch. I really liked how this profile starts with background information on her past education and work, and how she found the health care writing field. It then goes into how she found her present job, what that job consists of; her roles, challenges, rewards, her audience, etc.; and then the profile ends with what kind of resources she uses day to day with her job and some final advice.The one thing that is not similar with this profile and the one I will create, is the type of person I will be interviewing. Melissa Cooper, who was interviewed in this profile, has a job that is focused on writing in the health care profession. Therefore all the questions asked can focus on writing and how it plays a role in her career. The person I will be interviewing is a medical technologist and even though they have to write notes and possible lab reports, their job is based on lab work and maybe more informal writing and therefore not as big a priority as the actual experiments. This will cause me to have some questions on how writing is incorporated into the job of a medical technologist, but also questions that I can benefit from and learn more about my intended future career.

No comments: